♫☆｡•*¨*•｡☆♫ If you would like to be interviewed please contact LIL D ♫☆｡•*¨*•｡☆♫
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MORE ARTISTS
INTERVIEW CONTENT SUMMARY
- VERY HUGE RECORDS
- BREADBACK PRODUCTIONS
- LADY FLAME
- ROYSTON WILLIAMS
- ULTIMATE SHINES
- TERRO 3000
- SAXON SOUND SYSTEM
INTERVIEW WITH VERY HUGE RECORDS
- How did your music career begin? As an Engineer at the Mixing Lab Studio 58 Dumbarton Ave.
- What year did you start producing? 1998
- Where is your studio based? Well I base at 36 Burlington ave but the Studio isn’t mine belong to Q45 Elephant Man’s manager.
- What is your most successful riddim to date? My most successful riddim would be (Storm riddim) feat. Artists like Sean Paul / Bounty Killer / Spragga Benz / Wayne Marshall / Buccaneer / Harry Todler / Delly Ranx and Khristopher aka Singry / Spot Light / Problem Child.
- What’s the latest riddim you have released? That would be the big bad #Earth Fire and Wind.
- Who would you like to work with and why? (Baby Face) Musically I look up to him
- What have been the highlights in your career to date? Of course some #1 Songs
- “Alleluya” by Elephant Man
- “Dash wata” by Elephant Man
- “Sidung” by Elephant Man & Lady Saw
- “Bleach at night” (gully code) By Busy Signal
- “Winner” by Konshens
I Produced for myself and some I mixed for Producers
- What has been the hardest thing to handle in your music career ? Some Good money lol But I have love for music.
- What are the names of riddims people expect in the future from you? Well sorry the future speaks for itself
- How would you describe your fans? Lovers of music like myself.
- What advice would you give to someone trying to become a producer ? Work hard at it never give up and believe in yourself.
- Who has been your musical inspiration? Babyface of course
- What is your life time career goal in music? Smile well I would say the love for music yeah awards r just mindsets of those who wish u good and bad lol
- A lot of people do not understand the length of time and many processes a track goes through before being released. What’s the longest it’s taken you to complete and release a track? Well when I Produced a track with Elephant Man Sometimes it take 1 day sometimes 2 days, Juggling take more time and energy most of the time the artists u would wanna voice not available on tour r ignoring calls but for me I work with talents who have quality songs and ready
- What’s the biggest barrier a producer in your opinion has to overcome? Billboard topping of course. Then u become a success Producer if not just hand to mouth and keep humble lol
- what’s your favourite riddim of all time? My Troop riddim and Duwali my favourite riddims there r more favourites.
- What do you think would help the industry grow right now? Good Productions / good people / Good talents and Good music.
- What things (comforts) do you need to get into your musical zone? For example a favourite time of day? Team members? Certain Snacks? Having a feeling of ____? Inspirational timing
- What’s your favourite social media platform? Radio play
- Where can people find out more about you? Google “Chester Walker” dance hall Producer / Mixing Engineer / song writer of course lol
via twitter @v_h_r_
INTERVIEW WITH BREADBACK PRODUCTIONS
- How did your music career begin? would say my music career begin from i was i child. use to use walk man and bill sound system. when i started high skool in 1993 mi started buying records with mi lunch money but it was my cousin delly ranks who introduce me to studio life and say mi fi study engineering and a so mi start go studio til mi start produce.
- What year did you start producing? would say bout 2000 mi start producing for other people but just never get the credit. as an engineer u automatically become a producer. but as for my own label i started march of 2005 with a riddim called smarties distrubtued by indi streets.
- Where is your studio based? have my own studio at my house but i am still base in judgement yard. deh there everyday same way.
- What is your most successful riddim to date? up to date i would say my most successful riddim is a riddim call 9 to 5. its a remake of a riddim call the liquidator with a hit song called i will take u there by the staples.
- What’s the latest riddim you have released? grass root riddim
- Who would you like to work with and why? i am comfortable working with any body still but mi would a love fi work with shabba ranks. he is a good artise and some one who i admire for the great works he put in. would alove to work with bob but him not around.
- What have been the highlights in your career to date? when mi get reconize as a producer with my own label . it was always bread back sizzla engineer. so mi would say my major hight light is when bread back productions take the streets and touring the world getting know people .
- What has been the hardest thing to handle in your music career? getting my music to be played especially in jamaica. nah really watch jamaica market still.
- What are the names of riddims people can expect in the future from you? 9.30 appoint, pretty gal, frenship, vineyard just to name a few
- How would you describe your fans? good
- What advice would you give to someone trying to become a producer? just put out good music and dont stop trying till u reach the top.
- Who has been your musical inspiration? the people, delly ranks, sizzla, bob marley, peter tosh, jacob miller
- What is your life time career goal in music? too be and stay on top
- What’s the longest it’s taken you to complete and release a track? never really done music on a time frame so mi can’t say. never time mi self before but all mi know when mi done with it its good and ready fi nation fi hear. music come in live food it never done cook just dont burn it.
- What’s the biggest barrier a producer in your opinion has to overcome? be recognize as a producer
- What do you think would help the industry grow right now? unity
- What things (comforts) do you need to get into your musical zone? for example a favourite time of day? team members? certain snacks? having a feeling of ____? nutten special just the vibes cause music is some thing u have fi feel cant force it. so if mi nuh feel fi go in the studio and work the track nah go come out good.
- What’s your favourite social media platform all a dem a mi favourite cause dem connects u to the world .
- Where can people find out more about you?
Web links: BREADBACKPRODUCTIONS.COM
INTERVIEW WITH LADY FLAME
- Birth name: Marjorie Reid
- Music genre: Reggae, Dancehall, Lovers Rock, Hip-Hop, R&B, Rap, Soul, and Pop (All)
- How long have you been making music? 20+ years
- Who inspires you? Many… Lauren Hill, Whitney Houston, Tanya Stevens, Lady Saw, Beres Hammond, Bob Marley, Aretha Franklin, Celine Deon.. Just to name a few
- What influences you? Life.. You can sing about anything
- What’s the decision behind your image and stage name? The name Lady Flame represents the soft, warm, soothing, but yet fiery, intense, and uncontrollable person I can be.
- What can we look forward to in the future? Amazing and epic things from me. I am very versatile and talented in numerous genres of music so therefore you can never know which one I will broadcast myself on, because music is a language and universal.
- What provides the passion for what you are doing? My management and production team, My kids and family and of course life itself.
- Most memorable musical moment to date? All are memorable to me so far, but one of my favorites was almost 10 years ago when me and Monster Shock Crew was on a show together in Maryland, and we all decided to perform together to build a vibes. They decided to do a friendly clash against me. It was the 3 of them against me one and I dominated that clash from start to finish. General B and Roundhead dj to clash me and I dj back but what caught them off guard was they sent Ghost out to clash me with singing and when I opened my mouth and started to sing back they were so shocked that General B lifted me up and was carrying me out the club to how I caught them off guard. It was so fun that night and everyone had a blast (and yes I murdered them all lol).
- Advice to any up coming artists? Just be true to yourself and be yourself. There are so many imitations out there but only the real will get the true recognition. Master your craft most importantly and always put God first.
- What do you think the music industry needs ? The music industry needs more originality and more positive and reality music.
- What personal musical goals do you have ? I want to make a major impact musically and be an icon in the industry such as the great Bob Marley, Buju Banton, Peter Tosh, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson and many more….
- Who is your favourite artist and why? Lauren Hill. She has remarkable talent and shows so much versatility with in music that she cannot be categorized.
- Who is your favourite sound and why? I have too many.. Answering with one will get me in trouble lol.. and there is too many to list.
- Where would you most like to perform ? Uk , Africa, and Japan
- Who would you most like to do a track with ? Many…Beres Hammond, Busy Signal, Usher..just to name a few
- Where can a fan find more about you? www.ladyflame.com, www.twitter.com/ladyflamerp www.twitter.com/teamladyflamerp , www.facebook.com/fierceful www.youtube.com/ladyflamerp
Any other info : For Bookings or Dubs, Drops, and jingles contact Rawborn Productions: Rawborn.Productions@gmail.com / RP.RecordsLLC@gmail.com
INTERVIEW WITH CHANCE
- Birth name:Andre Mcfarlane Age:20 Music genre: Dancehall/reggae
- How long have you been making music? From an early …age 10
- Who inspires you? “terro fabulous”and “papa san”.
- What influences you? listening my grandmothers radio everyday and sometimes I would start singing words from some of the songs i heard ffrom artiste like “papa san”and terro fabulous.
- What’s the decision behind your image and stage name? I got the name “Chance” after being with a girl I met online and she came jamaica, the rest is private.”
- What can we look forward to in 2013? Just putting out good music and just making music everyday just pure music and owning my own clothing line.”
- What provides the passion for what you are doing? Just the love of it …entertaining people
- Most memorable musical moment to date? When I first perform at a police charity fest about 3yrs ago and i got good response from the audience that put a big smile pon mi face..
- Advice to any up coming artists? “Confidence”thats the most important thing and determination know what you want and go for it dont be afraid because nothing happens before time.”
- What do you think the music industry needs ? Well to me nowadays music changes its just the time changing in music rite now.. because everyone as different taste in the music they listen.. the music world needs some real people thats all i can say.
- What personal musical goals do you have ?” To make a proper fan base to get more noticeable and making it far in the music world in terms of world wide.
- Are you musically trained ?” yes but i still have alot more to learn.”
- Who is your favourite artist and why? Mega Banton.. because he is a very talented artiste
- who is your favourite sound and why? King Eruption… Cause them play the baddest dub them.
- Where would you most like to perform ?” Sting, sumfest, america and england.”
- Who would you most like to do a track with ? Damian jr gong Marley
- Where can a fan find more about you? twitter @chance_studious
INTERVIEW WITH ROYSTON WILLIAMS
- Music genre: Dancehall
- How long have you been making music? Well I’ve been making music for about say 10 years now roughly
- Who inspires you? I get inspired by life family and other artist around me that are also making good and positive music.
- What influences you? Things that I personally go thru in life
- What’s the decision behind your image and stage name? well up until 2010 my stage name was Lyrical that was a name I got from friends when I first started writing down rhymes .in 2010 I decided to go by my real name I guess this decision was due to me outgrowing the name “Lyrical” and evolving into the man I am today
- What can we look forward to in 2012? The 23rd of May I’m flying to st marten to do a small island promo tour I’m gona b performing on 7 different islands up until the 16th of June. Then I’m flying back to Paris to do some shows in France and then from July I’ll b on the road performing in Holland and Europe. I’ve also got a whole string of singles and videos that I will be dropping throughout the rest of year and if all goes well and according to plan my debut album should be dropping in the last quarter
- You can follow my twitter @iamRoyston and my facebook Roy Williams to keep up with all the latest
- What provides the passion for what you are doing? Well over the years that I’ve been making music and performing I haven’t really made any big money or nothing like that but I’ve grown to love what I do. I also see my career as my own personal asset that can help me and a lot of people in my life. It also feels good to know and see that people I love and care about are proud of me and what I’m doing
- Most memorable musical moment to date? I guess that would be the first time I sneaked back stage and got to meet Buju Banton LOL
- Advice to any upcoming artists? Just be yourself and love what you do
- What do you think the music industry needs? Well I personal think that dancehall music needs more of a structured industry but that’s just my own personal view
- What personal musical goals do you have? Well my main goal right now is to get my name out there on an international level and to let the world know that there are some serious artists in Europe that are making Dancehall and Reggae music on a professional level and are really on this ting . Another goal that I have right now is to get myself mentally and physically ready for this tour that I’m going on and for all the rest of the shows in Europe that we got planed and are working on for the rest of this year. And to just keep on making good music
- Are you musically trained? Well besides being a recording artist I also Engineer. Not saying that I’m the best engineer but I know a bit about what happens before and after the recording process. I also listen to a wide variety of music and I do song writing for House and pop producers so ye if u asks me I’m musically trained
- Who is your favourite artist and why? My favourite dance hall artist would have to be Spragga Benz because he doesn’t always drop a lot of new music but any time he does drop something it’s always a maad ting lol. I also listen to a lot of sizzla kalonji
- Who is your favourite sound and why? Well that would have to be Kilimanjaro because when I was a youth the most cassettes that I had access to were Kilimanjaro cassettes and I just use to love hear how Ricky trooper use to murder bwoy lool
- Where would you most like to perform ? Anywhere people want to see me
- Who would you most like to do a track with? Damian Marley
- Where can a fan find more about you? Twitter: @iamRoyston / Facebook: Roy Williams / http://www.roystonwilliams.com
Any other info: contact for dubs and jingles: email@example.com
For Bookings and info contact Taro Merkman Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERVIEW WITH KAMOUFLAGE
- Birth name: Davian Bartley
- Age: 24
- Music genre: Dancehall
- How long have you been making music? 3 years seriously
- Who inspires you? Yellow man and Garnet silk from a tender age then Bounty killer, Beenie man,Buju banton, Vybz kartel and Idonia during high school but now every artiste inspire me
- What influences you? Everything, my life experiences plus others and just about anything my eyes see,my ears hear and my mind think
- What’s the decision behind your image and stage name? I don’t got a single image, my image constantly changes like a chameleon .I always wanted to be a soldier so the name Kamouflage is an effect of that, I got multiple egos so kamouflage best represent the changes of flows,genres and the ability to blend into all arenas
- What can we look forward to in 2013? A lot of hard work
- What provides the passion for what you are doing? The joy of music
- Most memorable musical moment to date? The first time I heard my song “Call Pon JahJah” on the radio
- Advice to any up coming artists? Read more, don’t limit yourself
- What do you think the music industry needs ? More people that love music for music
- What personal musical goals do you have ? #1 billboard/Grammy
- Are you musically trained ? Self trained
- Who is your favourite artist and why? All good artists, can’t say I got a favourite, I love good music
- Who is your favourite sound and why? don’t got a favourite
- Where would you most like to perform ? anywhere the fans are but would like to perform on all major shows.too long to list
- Who would you most like to do a track with ? would do a song with any artiste as long as the song is good but there’s something about Gwen from No Doubt
- Where can a fan find more about you?Facebook/kamouflage, twitter/kamouflage3g, google/ Kamouflage
- Any other info : Federal,3G, lighten flash and thunder roll my slangs, 3Grecords my label
INTERVIEW WITH ULTIMATE SHINES
- Birth name: mark james
- Music genre: reggae
- How long have you been making music? over ten years
- Who inspires you? the almighty and my family (wife and children)
- What influences you? my love for music
- What’s the decision behind your image and stage name? given to me by a friend
- What can we look forward to in 2013? you can look for the album “call on jah jah” on the label j’island records and also the hit single “too much talking”on the letter riddim also on same label
- What provides the passion for what you are doing? the love and joy music can bring and also give
- Most memorable musical moment to date? performing in canada on montreal and calgary reggae fest
- Advice to any up coming artists? without passion and patience you wont survive in this biz
- What do you think the music industry needs ? better quality in every department
- What personal musical goals do you have ? to promote and represent reggae music respectfully and responsibly all over the world
- Are you musically trained ? no
- Who is your favourite artist and why? bob marley, what can i say ? they dont call him king of reggae for nothing 🙂
- Who is your favourite sound and why? king stur gav ,because ti this day they still maintain their roots and therefore also the keeping the reggae music alive!!!!
- Where would you most like to perform ?everywhere they will allow me
- Who would you most like to do a track with ? noone special as long as its quality conscious music that they do
- Where can a fan find more about you? www.mspace.com/ultimateshinesreggae www.reverbnation.com/ultimateshines
- for management & bookings contact:email@example.com @jislandrecords
- Artist name: Fuze
- Birth name: Ricardo Lopez
- Age: 30
- Music genre: Reggae/ dancehall
- How long have you been making music? 14 years from i was 16
- Who inspires you? Every artist that has mastered there craft
- What influences you? The love of music
- What’s the decision behind your image and stage name? My image and way of life is a Rastafarian and im called fuze because of the importance of a fuze in an electrical appliance i am the fuze for the music
- What can we look forward to in 2012? More good music and more possitive messages
- What provides the passion for what you are doing? Just the love for music and the challenge of mastering my craft and the love of Jah
- Most memorable musical moment to date? The first time i heard my music on the number one reggae radio station in jamaica irie fm
- Advice to any up coming artists? Keep it real, trust in jah and never give up on your dreams
- What do you think the music industry needs ? More spirituality and more positive music
- What personal musical goals do you have ? To touch the hearts of people all over the world with my music
- Are you musically trained ? Yeah i have done a little vocal training and i try to play a few instruments namely keyboard and the flute
- Who is your favourite artist and why? Mavado because he came from nothing to something and he sings with a lot of soul
- who is your favourite sound and why? Stone love because i grew up listening to them the first tape i bought was a stone love tape
- Where would you most like to perform ? Africa
- Who would you most like to do a track with ? Movado, taurus riley or celine dion
- Where can a fan find more about you? http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?refid=8
For bookings contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org And follow me on twitter @fuzeatdem1
INTERVIEW WITH TERRO 3000
- Birth name: Clifford Hall
- Age: 26
- Music genre: Dancehall
- How long have you been making music? I’ve been making music since 2004
- Who inspires you? My mother inspires me because of he strength
- What influences you? Just life on a whole. I just bring u life situations through my eyes or my perception of somebody else story. Everything I come in contact with influences me.
- What’s the decision behind your image and stage name? My stage name came about from high school clashing days where I was one of the dominant contestants. Where my image is concerned I just wanted to be that all rounder who can fit into most situations. That’s why u will find terro 3000 doing all kinds of songs. I just keep it clean and on a level where it is believable
- What can we look forward to in 2012? That’s the big question. This year u can look out for the usual terro3000 madness. I will be releasing a number of singles and I will be on a lot of the riddims coming out for 2012. There is a mixtape in the pipeline due for release by summer of this year. I am also launching my label “kritikal Production” this year with the release of the country run riddim which features myself, Wayne Marshall, Timeka Marshall, Voicemail, Rdx, Wasp, Delly Ranx, Ajrenalin and new comer Diestro. Keep a special look out form my songs on Ballaz Production’s 2 new riddims, style and rio de jamaica because u know once u say Ballaz and Terro its gonna be crazy
- What provides the passion for what you are doing? Two things provide the passion for what I do. Firstly the fans and secondly jus the feeling u get when u have created something new. It could be a new lyric, a new flow, a new melody or a new riddim. I’m just a creative person who loves to create new things
- Most memorable musical moment to date? My most memorable moment is the first time I heard myself on the radio. That never leaves me because that’s the day the dream started to roll
- Advice to any up coming artists? I have lots of advice for up and coming artiste but most important of all is to stay true to yourself and your craft and work hard. If u do that then success will come
- What do you think the music industry needs ? One word unity. If we want dancehall music to reach to the level where it should be we need to start a movement and one man can’t do that. Unity is strength and there is strength in numbers
- What personal musical goals do you have ? Making Terro 3000 a household name and take my music to the highest level possible. That’s why I am always striving to become a better musician
- Are you musically trained ? Yeah I am musically trained. I play the keyboard and I am now learning the guitar
- Who is your favourite artist and why? I have a lot of those lol but if I was to single out one person I would say bounty killer because of how commanding he is in his recordings and on stage. When killa talk u haffi listen
- Who is your favourite sound and why? Stone love is my favourite sound. They have been doing it for a very long time and for them to be still relevant in 2012 is no easy feet. Hats off to wee pow and the whole stone love family they are real living legends
- Where would you most like to perform ? I wanna perform everywhere but I would really love to go to africa. The dancehall scene is picking up over there and I would love to c what its like plus its the mother land so I’m dying to go there
- Who would you most like to do a track with ? Would love to to a song with assassin. He is somebody who I realy look up to vocally and lyricaly so being on a track with him would realy push mi to out do myself. Plus I think both our styles would make for a realy interesting listen
- Where can a fan find more about you? Well u can find me on facebook : http://www.facebook.com/terro3000 Follow me on twitter : @terro3000 Here u can get all updates on terro 3000
INTERVIEW WITH SEROCEE
Birth name: Jerome
Age: Young enough to still learn something new everyday
Music genre: Dancehall/ Hip Hop
- How long have you been making music? All my life
- Who inspires you? The everyday struggle
- What influences you? Everything around is an inspiration, but generally knowing that no matter, how difficult a situation can be, it’s gonna get better.
- What’s the decision behind your image and stage name? Honesty, I didnt give myself the name, it was given to me by the people who were around me at the time
- What can we look forward to in 2012? First release out already “Fearless” next single due mid to end of feb “Troublemaker” and then a number of EP’s mixes within the year.
- What provides the passion for what you are doing? Music is something i live NOT something I do so the passion is never ending.
- Most memorable musical moment to date? Performing in front of 45 thousand people in Japan with Basement Jaxx or Walking on top of a Crowd in Bristol! Yeah I do mad things when performing!
- Advice to any up coming artists? Chase the work NOT the money, and always be true to you…
- What do you think the music industry needs ? Honest people!
- What personal musical goals do you have ? To make room for people who want to talk about more than drugs, money and sex.
- Are you musically trained ? No
- Who is your favourite artist and why? Don’t have one each day is different.
- who is your favourite sound and why? Don’t have one
- Where would you most like to perform ? Africa
- Who would you most like to do a track with ? Tracy Chapman
- Where can a fan find more about you? www.serocee.com
INTERVIEW WITH RDX
- Birth name: Carlton Williams (Renigade) and Andre Bedward (Delomar)
- Age: ???
- Music genre: Dancehall/ Reggae
- How long have you been making music? From we were kids in the 90’s but we made our breakthrough in 2007 with our single ‘Dance’.
- Who inspires you? GOD.
- What influences you? The greatest influence on RDX music is life itself. Life comes with various colors and moods and our music reflects this.
- What’s the decision behind your image and stage name? RDX means Renigade and Delomar X. RDX is also an explosive which coincides with the explosive nature of our performances on stage. And we both have colorful personalities, so our image and hair color displays this.
- What can we look forward to in 2012? The evolution of RDX. We have always endeavored to get better at what we do. We will continue to make hardcore Dancehall music, and add to that a new chapter of a deeper, more inspirational RDX. Our all Reggae upcoming Album titled “Soul Poetry” will embody this.
- What provides the passion for what you are doing? We love music, and love to make music. Our passion for music goes far beyond anything external, because music itself is a spiritual entity. And its this spirit that evokes our passion.
- Most memorable musical moment to date? When we performed on a beach in Uganda, Africa to over 35,000 people. People stood in the sea just to see RDX. That moved us.
- Advice to any up coming artists? Believe in what you do and always try to improve at your craft. Never forget the “Art” in being an Artiste.
- What do you think the music industry needs ? Lots of things. Firstly, more unity, better marketing and more professional participants. But what it doesn’t need is so much bias and politics as what it is plagued by today.
- What personal musical goals do you have ? A Grammy and a Platinum Record.
- Are you musically trained ? No.
- Who is your favourite artist and why? Renigade: Buju Banton & Terror Fabulous Delomar; Wayne Wonder & Lukie D. Renigade; I love Buju’s versatility and command of the stage, and Teror’s voice and delivery. Delomar: I like Wayne’s ability to switch seemlessly from a girls singer to a gangster singer. And Lukie is a supreme vocalist.
- Who is your favourite sound and why? Dont have a favourite sound. From you play good music we good with that.
- Where would you most like to perform ? At the Super Bowl.
- Who would you most like to do a track with ? Rihanna, Jay Z or Eminem.
- Where can a fan find more about you? Slash RDXMUSIC on all the top social networks. We have our RDX website under construction as well.
- Favourite colour ? R: Brown. D: Blue
- Favourite car ? BMW
- Favourite football team ? R: Arsenal D: Germany
- Any other info : 2012 will see the release of two full RDX Albums, the all Reggae “Soul Poetry” due out this summer, and the mostly Dancehall “Go Hard Or Go Home”. RDX is currently finishing up two additional EP projects, the Electronic “Refill” with South Rakkas from Florida and a Reggae styled project with Europe producers Dread Squad.
♫☆｡•*¨*•｡☆♫ Anthony Francis aka Mini Muscle https://littledpromotions.wordpress.com/
When asked how did all start? The once upon a time bit 😉
Family member of the legendary England Sound SAXON established in 1976. His brother then aged 13 and Curtis Henry started to play for family events under a different name for a year called ‘Imperial Rockers’ (a lovers rock sound), before the legendary name of Saxon was born. In those days there were not even pirate radio stations it was all word of mouth with details, of a house party, hall, a centre etc Saxon would play in a park known as Skate Land where now Millwall football ground is located. A free event to 2000 – 3000 people! Every Sunday! With no problems! Just sounds and skating.
The Saxon family name or ‘Army’ as Mini Muscle likes to refer to them are Muscle Head, Trevor Sax, Mikey Bubbs, Dennis Wroe, alongside Djs/singers Levi Tippa, Colonel, Sandy, Rusty, Roger Robin, plus many others
Main influences of Saxon Sound were sounds like Jah Shaka, but for Mini Muscle who was 7 years old when he joined was inspired by sounds like Stone Love for their unique and creative style of juggling. Plus all the original Killamanjaro Crew, Germely, Ainsley, Supercat, Early B etc
One of the earliest memories of Saxon’s parties was a dance called DJ Explosion in Riverdale hall in 1981 with artists like Peter King, Smiley Culture, Asha Senator, Stout, Water House, Dezey Kojak, Lesley Lyrics, Dirty Dez, .. and a stage show event
When asked what has been the Low Points: Going on a boat of Greenwich peer come back and find the van with all the sound equipment had been stolen this was 3 years after setting up. It did not obviously stop determined Saxon from reaching their goal
When asked what have been the high points? The two dances that were not to be missed were 1. Saxon and Third World New York and 2. Saxon and Body Guard, Coxone, Rolex Express the FIRST EVER WORLD CLASH
♫☆｡•*¨*•｡☆♫ I then asked random questions in Lil D style ♫☆｡•*¨*•｡☆♫
Who’s the most memorable person you have ever met? – Mohammad Ali
Who would you most like to meet? – Bob Marley
How has the Reggae industry changed over the years – he laughs
Any advice for upcoming sounds
– Try to do something different, have your own style too many bedroom downloading djs, no vibes no crew, no togetherness
What your favourite saying/catchphrase – NO SOUND TEST!
The saying that annoys you the most? – YO
♫☆｡•*¨*•｡☆♫ PERSONAL PRERENCE SECTION♫☆｡•*¨*•｡☆♫
Favourite Artist – Dennis Brown
Favourite Sound? – Saxon
Favourite Dubplate? – The winner by Derrick Harriet?
Proudest moment? – Getting the world cup in 1994
Favourite fast Food? – Chinese
Fried or boiled dumplings? –Boiled
Favourite way to cook egg? – Scrambled .. But firm he adds LOL
Hobbies – Making music, family, football, art
Favourite football team – Liverpool
Favourite films – Scarface, Godfather old gangster stuff
Future plans – More music, more live artists next to the sound not just in studio
I have had the pleasure of hearing many Saxon stories and felt it was important to help showcase this UK sound history this is why I choose to record and write this interview back in 2006 … https://littledpromotions.wordpress.com/ READ MORE HERE a few weeks ago 2011 I called Mini Muscle to see how they are what’s new as predicted the sound are still very busy ( standard ) and informed that Saxon are currently cataloging their successful history ( info /event history/ mixtapes ) and these should be available to the public soon.
I would also like to also thank Mini Muscle and SAXON as they have been a great support to KING ERRUPTION and many LAVASPLASH events and have always stayed true to the music providing great advice and knowledge. True LEGENDS IN THE BUSINESS.
♫☆｡•*¨*•｡☆♫ If you would like to be interviewed please contact LIL D ♫☆｡•*¨*•｡☆♫